- What comes in abortion KIT?
- Does the medication guide come with the drug?
- What are the side effects?
- Am I in danger of being discovered?
- Can I use Cytotec several times?
- Should I take Cytotec while fasting?
- Do I need to take RU486 or Mifeprostone?
- Do I need to have a curettage after an abortion?
- What are the steps for an abortion with Cytotec?
- How do I know if my abortion has worked?
How do I know if my abortion has worked?
Knowing wheter the abortion was succesful or not is something that generates a lot of anxiety in women. In some cases, it is clearly visible that the abortion was successful because the woman is able to distinguish parts of the embryo. However, in many other cases, it is not possible to identify the fetus, leaving the question whether the abortion has worked or not.
After an abortion, the hormone levels take roughly 3-4 weeks to get back to normal. As a result, it is possible to feel symptoms of pregnancy, even if the abortion was successful. This is why the pregnancy tests (both pharmaceutical and blood tests) can only show an accurate result approximately 4 weeks after the abortion process with Cytotec.
According to your choices, it’s is your decision not to have an ultrasound nor to get a pregnancy test, however, keep in mind that you might be surprised with an ongoing pregnancy and if the gestation is too advanced, you can no longer repeat your medical abortion.
What is the failure rate of Misoprostol (Cytotec – 200mcg)? (14) (16) (12)
|Lenght of pregnancy||% of ongoing pregnancies (failure on abortion)|
|1-49 days||0.1 %|
|50-77 days||0.5 %|
|Above 84 days||5.1%|