There are some reasons why you shouldn’t take medications that induce an abortion. Do NOT use the medication if:
- You have an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy that develops outside the cervix);
- Someone is forcing you to have an abortion;
- If you are not sure, you want to interrupt your pregnancy;
- The first day of your last menstrual period happened more than 12 weeks ago;
- You are unable to reach a hospital or first aid clinic in less than an hour;
- You’re alone. You should ask a partner, friend or another person you can trust to stay with you during the use of the medication;
- You have an intrauterine device (IUD). It must be removed before using the drugs;
- You are allergic to Misoprostol (Cytotec – 200mcg) or to prostaglandins;
- You have of one of the following diseases: chronic failure of the adrenal glands (severe hepatic impairment), diseases or bleeding disorders (coagulopathy or anticoagulant therapy), hereditary porphyria (it is highly unlikely to have one of these conditions without even know it);
- You have the inflammatory bowel disease or suffer from dehydration;
- You have frequent diarrhea For instance, due to conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis or irritable bowel syndrome;
- You’ve had a stroke AVC or a mini stroke.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!