IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO TAKE CYTOTEC / MISOPROSTOL IF:
- You have an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy that develops outside the uterus);
- Someone is forcing you to have an abortion;
- You are not sure if you really want to interrupt your pregnancy;
- The first day of your last menstrual period was more than 12 weeks ago;
- You have an intrauterine device (IUD). It must be removed before using the pill;
- You can’t get to an hospital in less than an hour;
- You’re alone. You should ask a partner, friend or to another person you trust to stay with you while you are taking the medication;
- You are allergic to Misoprostol (Cytotec – 200mcg) or to prostaglandins;
- You have of one of the following diseases: chronic failure of the adrenal glands (severe hepatic impairment), diseases or bleeding disorders (coagulopathy or anticoagulant therapy), hereditary porphyria (it is highly unlikely to have one of these conditions without even knowing);
- You have any inflammatory disease or if you suffer from dehydration;
- You have frequent diarrhea for example, due to conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis or irritable bowel syndrome;
- You had a stroke or mini-stroke.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!